Friday, March 18, 2011

The Chances Branch

Things that we're doing to increase our chances of conceiving:

1. I've given up alcohol. There are studies that show it can decrease your chances of conceiving by 50% and that it also reduces your chances of success with IVF. My husband will be following suit after our next Dr.s app.

2. Evening primrose and ground up flax seed to increase my cervical mucus. There are three types of CM, all of them, but one, will help you NOT get pregnanct. The fertile type of CM has a consistency of egg whites and will be noticed around ovulation time. Though not all women will notice their CM without a little internal exploration.

3. I'm trying to cut gluten out of my diet until my most recent blood tests come back. We're trying to rule a few things out and since I already have a wheat intolerance.... recent studies show that celiac's disease is linked to fertility problems and that about 10% of unexplained infertility could be solved with a Gluten free diet.

4. Since I'm a vegetarian and iron levels can affect fertility I now drink a protein shake every morning.

5. I've gained the 5-10 pounds the Gyn. suggested.

6. I'm trying to find time in my day to exercise.

7. I do my best to meditate

8. My husband and I have started two rituals that focus on gratitude. The first is at dinner where we list at least one thing that we're thankful for and then at bedtime we list three positive things we've accomplished during the day. These exercises are meant to bring more joy into our lives.

9. Retail therapy. Instead of getting depressed because I can't buy something cute for our children, I buy it anyway.

10. I've been looking for something in my life to fulfill me, to give me satisfaction. At first I assumed this meant taking on a second job (one I liked), but now I realize it simply means activities that make me happy.... I've taken up knitting and I'm putting more focus on our social life.

11. Preseed a sperm friendly lubricant.... if you didn't know it, most lubes have sperm killers in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment